fredag 25. oktober 2013

REPORT LR3

INTRODUCTION

This weekly assignment was to light our vehicle and render it. It took a lot of time to actually find the ‘’right’’ setup, but after some lighting challenges, the effort showed some results.

INTERPRETATION OF THE TASK

When I started on this assignment, I had to think about how I wanted the vehicle to be setup, when it came to the scene and environment. I choosed to place my car in a cube, and just easily illustrate that it was standing on the ground. I choosed also to have the environment materials neutral, to actually keep the same style as the car – minimalistic.

CONCEPT

The concept I created for this assignment was based on the main concept in T3. I choosed to have the environment in the same style, with easy lighting, but also to highlight the actual object in the scene.

ACHIEVED ACTION

With my final product, I want to convey that lighting has a lot to say, to promote and show your projects and models. Even real objects needs the right lighting to look good. We have worked with digital lights for almost half a year, and it is still challenging, but really interesting.

SCHEDULE

MONDAY; Researched different light setups( 3 hrs)
TUESDAY; Researched different light setups and tryouts in Maya ( 5 hrs )
WEDNESDAY; Choosed my final setup and started to make my environment ( 7 hrs)
THURSDAY; Final adjustments on final product ( 9 hrs )
FRIDAY; Report ( 2 hrs )

RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS

CREATIVE METHODS

When I started on this assignment, I wanted a simple and clean enivronment, to not take the focus away from my vehicle, which also was very neutral when it comes to the texturing. I wanted a minimalistic style, with clean and direct lighting on to my object. I choosed to use vray rectangle lights for my scene. The vehicle was placed in the middle of my environment vbox, with two lightplanes over, and one on the right side, with some angle to actually light up some of the back of the car. I rendered out my final product in 1980x1080 HD, which was the criteria for this assignment as well.


INSPIRATION METHODS

When I found inspiration for this weekly assignment, I looked for a clean scene, modern houses and white painted modern garages.

ANALYSIS

The issue i had to figure out this week, was to get my lighting right, and in the same way light up enough of the car. I choosed a different way to place my lights, to get the result I wanted for this assignment. This positions is also mentioned above.


DESIGN

TOPOLOGY/EDGE-FLOW/POLY-COUNT

The topology and edge flow is the same as in the M3 assignment. I choosed to make a simple cube to have my vehicle placed in, which was illustrating that the car was standing on the ground.

COLOURS

As the main color for my main design, I used two colors; White and blue. For my environment design, I choosed to have it as simple as possible, to keep the main minimalistic design trough the whole task( M3, T3, LR3). I decided to make a simple cube, with white/gray colors. I choosed this colors to not take the focus from the main object.

COMPOSITION, LAYOUT

With this assignment I choosed to place one camera in ¾ ‘’side’’ view, one in front view and one in basic ¾ view.

SELF- EVALUATION
REFLECTION ON FINAL PRODUCT

My opinion with the final product is that this was a assignment with a lot of thinking and tryouts, to get the light right. I could have done something more with the environment, but as mentioned earlier, I choosed to keep it simple and minimalistic, to let the main object have the actual focus.

CONCLUSION

By taking part of this weekly assignment, I’ve learned a lot when it somes to lighting and not at least rendering. I struggled a little bit in the beginning with this things, but after each assignment that has with lighting and rendering to do, I feel like I’m learning a lot. I have a lot to learn in the future, but for now, this is what I can do.











SOURCES AND REFERENCES

People that helped me out with this weekly assignment;


-David Beer

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar