tirsdag 22. oktober 2013

REPORT T3

INTRODUCTION

This week the assignment was to texture our vehicle from task M3. This task was a big challenge, but it went out mostly as I wanted it to be.

INTERPRETATION OF THE TASK

When I started to texture the vehicle, I had to get into the texturing all over from the start. There was a lot of things that I had forgot since the last time we worked with texturing. I got help from my classmates, to get a good workflow. My biggest challenge this week was to actually find a matching texture for my vehicle. In the first place I had in mind to have a simple shiny color on the car, but when I tested it, it didn’t look as good as I wanted it to be. I decided to go for a color concept, simple, clean and minimalistic, with a sentence on each side, named ‘’ Color Concept’’.

CONCEPT

The concept I created for this vehicle, is going to give a luxurious impression, but also an impression of speed and quality. The car itself is based on a formula-one car, so I decided to give the vehicle a white base color, with blue details such as the script on each side of the car.

ACHIEVED ACTION

With the final product, I want to convey that texturing also has something to do with the model itself, in the way that not any car or plane could have the same design. On some cars, you’ll see the lines better with a grey color, but if you take another car, it might be different.

SCHEDULE

MONDAY; Researched textures ( 4 hrs)
TUESDAY; Researched textures and vehicles including tryouts in maya ( 7 hrs )
WEDNESDAY; Started to make the textures ( 7 hrs)
THURSDAY; textured the final products ( 20 hrs )
FRIDAY; Report ( 2 hrs )

RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS

CREATIVE METHODS

When I started on this assignment, I was pretty clear on which way I wanted the texture to go. I wanted a simple color, with a flashy color as a break in the minimalistic style. For my texture, I used photoshop and UV snapshot, to place the text and the burned details on the ‘’old’’ model.




INSPIRATION METHODS

When I found inspiration for this weekly assignment, I based it on minimalistic, future concept design, which generally includes few colors, and a big difference between the colors used.


ANALYSIS

The issue I was working on this week, was to get my texture right, and as I wanted it to be. Some changes had to be done, but I’m satisfied with the result.


DESIGN

TOPOLOGY/EDGE-FLOW/POLY-COUNT

The topology and edge flow is the same as in the M3 assignment. I modeled the car by extruding each edge, until I got the shape I wanted. I adjusted the vertex points as well, to change the shape under the construction process.

COLOURS

As the main color for my main design, I used two colors; White and blue. The car itself is painted white, with blue details, to get the impression of what the car stands for.

COMPOSITION, LAYOUT

This assignment required side, front and three-quarter view.

SELF- EVALUATION
REFLECTION ON FINAL PRODUCT

My opinion with the final product is that this assignment was a big challenge, in the way that I had forgot a lot of things with texturing objects. My car had a very round design, with parts going over each other, so it was a big challenge to find a way to have it textured in a good way. At the end of the texturing, I rendered out the final images in V-ray. Under the rendering process, there was an unexpected issue, with my vertecies in the middle of the car, that gave the car a ''wrong'' shape. I tried to fix it, but couldn't seem to find out what went wrong.

DEVELOPMENT AND PROCESS

When it comes to the final product, I’m really happy with the result, but of course I could have done things different. With the texturing, I could have sewed together more parts, to get rid of the seem that runs along the side of the vehicle, and also made the ‘’old’’ texture some better.
It was a tough challenge to texture the vehicle, but it also gave me a lot of new experience.

CONCLUSION

By doing this weekly assignment, I’ve learned a lot when it comes to texturing and ways to do your own textures in photoshop.







SOURCES AND REFERENCES

People that helped me out with this weekly assignment;

-David Beer

-John Erlend Yttervik

-Vegard Steen






Sorry for a late report. I had some trouble with my google account, but i'll hope you enjoy!













Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar