søndag 3. november 2013

REPORT C1

INTRODUCTION

This weekly assignment was to make a composition out of our render passes from LR3. This was going to be done in a new software that we installed the actual week, which is called Nuke.

INTERPRETATION OF THE TASK

When I started on this assignment, I had to do a huge research of different images to get some inspiration on how my finished scene could look like. We were going to make one scene with dusk dawn light, and one with streetlight by night. This was a big challenge, in the way that I had to get it as perfect as I could.

CONCEPT

The concept I created for this assignment was based on the criterias in C1. One final render with dusk dawn light, and one with streetlight by night. For the first render, which was the dawn, I made my render more red/yellow, to get the warm feeling. In my research, I found a couple of images where the sky was almost orange. This inspired me to have my final render as I did it.
For the second one, which was the night scene, I choosed to hace the colors more blue, but in the same way not to blue. My reference image, which was a street by night, you can actually see the moon on a darker blue sky, with the moonshine lighting up buildings on the ground.

ACHIEVED ACTION

With my final product, I want to convey that research and testing is some important points in tasks like this. By doing composition, there are a lot of things you can adjust and play with. The problem is to not do to much, because that might destroy a huge part of the final product.

SCHEDULE

MONDAY; Researched different images of lighting( 2 hrs)
TUESDAY; Researched different images and tryouts in Nuke ( 4 hrs )
WEDNESDAY; Nuke testing ( 7 hrs)
THURSDAY; Final compositioning in Nuke ( 7 hrs )
FRIDAY; Report ( 2 hrs )

RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS

CREATIVE METHODS

When I started on this assignment, I had to stay to the assignment, and make the final products, which was a dawn light scene, and a night scene. I took the render images from LR3, which was created in maya(vray), and exported them over in nuke. In nuke I connected them to different merges and nodes, then started to adjust the lights and colors.





INSPIRATION METHODS

When I found inspiration for this weekly assignment, I searched for different images of dusk dawn light, and night light.

ANALYSIS

The issue I had to work with this week, was to get the lighting right, compared to the assignment criterias. This was a big challenge, but I finally managed to get a result that I was happy with. Of course I could have done something different and explored Nuke some more, but with the time limit of 5 days, I had to stay on the safe track and do what I was supposed to do.


DESIGN

TOPOLOGY/EDGE-FLOW/POLY-COUNT

The topology and edge flow is the same as in the M3 assignment.

COLOURS

As the main color for my main design, I used two colors; White and blue, which also is the main material of this assignment. The minimalistic cube with white/gray colors from LR3, is my background and environment for this weekly assignment.

COMPOSITION, LAYOUT

With this assignment I had the same cameras from the last assignment, and rendered out the different render passes we were supposed to have for this weekly assignment. After that was done, I had to place them into Nuke, and start the compositing part. I started with the dusk dawn light images, which should have a red/green/yellow color, which is warm colors. For the second render, I choosed to set the color to dark blue, to give the clear sky by night feeling. I also adjusted my lights so that the moon was giving light on my object.



SELF- EVALUATION
REFLECTION ON FINAL PRODUCT

My opinion with the final product is that this was a assignment with many different issues and tryouts. After many long nights, I got my results, that I’m satisfied with for this assignment. In the future, I hope to learn more about composition and Nuke, to gain experience and take the composition process to a new level.








CONCLUSION

By doing this weekly assignment, I have learned a lot about composition and rendering in Nuke. We were introduced to a new software, and was supposed to use that as our main development software for this assignment, which took a lot of effort and thinking to complete in that short amount of time. I honestly know that I could have done this assignment a little bit better with some more knowledge, but as I said earlier in the report, I’m looking forward to do composition again, and to gain more experience by working in Nuke. On my sparetime I will also work with Nuke, to get more used to it, and learn new stuff that might be useful in the future.











SOURCES AND REFERENCES

People I would like to thank for helping me solving different problems for C1;

-       ISABEL JOHNSEN
-       JOHN YTTERVIK

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar