fredag 29. november 2013

REPORT PD1

INTRODUCTION

This weekly assignment was to make a simple scene with particles and dynamics, and then render out a 10 second video. The project should not contain texturing or lighting.

INTERPRETATION OF THE TASK

When I started on this assignment, I was a littlebit behind the other students in my class, because I was home for a couple of days. I got the help I needed, and did my assignment. The thing I was using too much time on, was the concept. I had bad time, and needed to do the assignment in time.

CONCEPT

The concept I created for this assignment, was a brickwall and a ball that was thrown trough it. I came up with this idea, to show a good example on how dynamics and particles works, and that I have understood it. The scene should also contain some kind of a effect, like smoke or fire. I added fire to my ball, to give it the main focus. With the ball in focus, you’ll also see the brickwall effect very good.

ACHIEVED ACTION

With my final product I will convey that it is more than just to add effects and dynamics to an object. It needs a lot of work to look realistic, and to get the right values. I worked pretty much to get the result I wanted, but I could have done more with it.

SCHEDULE

MONDAY; Researched different images of lighting( 2 hrs)
TUESDAY; Researched different images and tryouts in Nuke ( 4 hrs )
WEDNESDAY; Nuke testing ( 7 hrs)
THURSDAY; Final compositioning in Nuke ( 7 hrs )
FRIDAY; Report ( 2 hrs )

RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS

CREATIVE METHODS

When I started on this assignment, I had to find my design and concept, and then create it in maya, as a normal polygon model. When this was done, the pieces had to be given some sort of a value, which means that the groundfloor not should have any other kind of function rather than collide with the bricks when they fall down. This means that the groumd got a Passive rigid body, and the two other remaining pieces got an active rigid body.







INSPIRATION METHODS

When I found inspiration for this weekly assignment, I searched for brickwalls that was being demolished by a ball or other huge objects.

ANALYSIS

The issue I had to work with this week, was to get the ‘’animation’’ right. The different objects in the scene needed to get the right values, to look so realistic as possible, in the way they should move or interact with eachother.


DESIGN

TOPOLOGY/EDGE-FLOW/POLY-COUNT

The topology and edge flow for this assignment was a simple sphere as a ball, and cubes as bricks. The groundplame was also just a simple polyplane.

COLOURS

It was not required to have colours or textures on this assignment, but I choosed to go for a dark colour on the ball, and a dark colour on the bricks, to actually see them being hit. The groundplane had a lighter yellow/beige colour.

COMPOSITION, LAYOUT

Not required for this assignment.



SELF- EVALUATION
REFLECTION ON FINAL PRODUCT

My opinion with the final product is that this was a assignment with many different issues to work with. I had to come up with an good idea, to make the actual scene and get it as realistic as possible. The biggest problem was to have maya running for a longer session. It was unbelievable much crashes with this assignment, but by using some simple tricks, it went out pretty well. I think honestly that I could have tweaked the values and settings a little bit more, but I didn’t have more time to use, so the main focus was to get the assignment done in time.












SOURCES AND REFERENCES




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar