fredag 6. september 2013

REPORT  TEXTURING 1

INTRODUCTION

This week was our first texturing assignment. It was seriously hard to get into in the beginning of the week, but after a few days with tutorials and lessions with our teacher, the pieces started to get in place.

INTERPRETATION OF THE TASK

My interpretation of the task was to lay on a texture that fitted the assignment criterias for this week. When it comes to issues, the main problem was to actually know what I was doing. In the beginning of the week, the texturing seemed to be pretty complex and hard to learn, but after trying and trying, the goblet started to show the result I wanted for this weekly assignment.

CONCEPT

The concept I have developed in this assignment, is based on the main design in weekly assignment M1. I knew from the beginning of the week what I wanted it to look like. The new version of the goblet has a dark polished mahogany texture which makes it look expensive and well assembled. The grips is designed as deer horns, so these has a light bone texture. The lid on top of the goblet has the same polished mahogany, as well as the teeths that is placed in the middle of the lid, has teeth texture. The second goblet with texture has the same material, but is customized in photoshop to make it look older and more used. With the older version, I focused on making a texture which should make it look like it had been standing out in several years.

ACHIEVED ACTION



RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS


CREATIVE METHODS

When I started with this weekly assignment, I worked with the main goblet and started to lay on a checker map, which is really important to have, to actually see how the actual texture would fit the object. There was extremely much work with this checker map, but with some help, the result went out pretty good. After the checker was finished and layed on, the goblet was duplicated into two new objects, and the texture was added.
One of the methods I used to get this right, was to use the UV texture editor and different types of mapping, to see which one that was the best solution for my object.

INSPIRATION METHODS
As inspiration for my texture, I used my hobby as a reference, also mentioned in the report for assignment M1. I wanted the goblet to look like an expensive product, with a touch of materials from the nature. The mahogany is a fine and expensive raw natural material straight from the woods. To make it look more expensive, I wanted to have it shiny and a little glossy. The deer horns is textured with bone texture, which also comes straight from the nature. My inspiration is the nature itself.


SKETCHES






DESIGN

The finished product of my goblet turned out pretty much as I wanted it to be. When I first started to add textures, I thought of having a matt and pure wood texture, but from the beginning, I wanted it to look expensive, but with a touch of natural pureness, which comes in with the grips on the side of the goblet, such as the teeth on the top of the lid. On the second goblet, which was going to look older and more used, I chosed to make the materials on the ‘’new’’ goblet, a little bit older. With this process I got help from my classmate Eirik Henden. The older materials was customized in adobe photoshop cs6.


COMPOSITION

I choosed to render the objects with mental ray render engine in Maya, to get an well optimized image and render. I choosed to use the top view, side view and three-quarter view on the finished renders.


SELF-EVALUATION

My opinion with the final product is that it turned out pretty much as I wanted it to be in the first place, but there was extremely much problems and issues to solve during this weekly assignment.




SOURCES AND REFERENCES




Photoshop:

EIRIK HENDEN








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar