fredag 23. august 2013

FIRST PROJECT - GOBLET


THIS IS A SCHOOL RELATED BLOG (3D DESIGN & ANIMATION)





This is Our first big Project. Our task was to model a goblet with own design and solutions.
We got introduced to Autodesk Maya last week, and have not that good experience With the program, so this was pretty difficult.


I choosed Wildlife as my main design, and had to design my goblet in that way.
Here are some pictures of the finished model:



The handles on the side appears to look like i wanted them from the design process.
I know it might be hard to see what it should look like, but to inform you guys, it is deer horns.

 
As a Nice touch to the Whole Project, I added a cover on the top, which also have integrated boar teeths. Small details makes big changes! 

 
Back view

 
Side view 



We should add a dark grey material to the object, that's why it doesen't have colours or texturing.
In such a short time, we all at NOROFF have learned extremely much great suff about 3D and modeling in one of the worlds best and biggest programs in the buisness.

I know my english is some sort of out of date, but it'll be better in the next few weeks.



REPORT PROJECT 1 
TASK: M1Goblet. 
INTRODUCTION

In this task we should design and make a goblet in Maya. As a beginner in such a huge program, it’s not an easy thing to do. After all, it turned out not that bad as I expected. 

CONCEPT

The concept i had my foucus on, is base don the wildlife like animals and huntig especially.
My finished product is totally build up by parts from boars and deers. The design is inspired by one of my hobbies, which is hunting. With this design i thought that I could create something special and at the same time use collector-objects from animals.

ACHIEVED ACTION

With my design i really want to convey that nature and daily objects actually can be connected together and create fantastic objects. I personally think that things that we human usually don’t look at as thing to connect, really is things to bring together. This is also one of the reasons why I made my goblet with the wildlife design. 

RESEARCH AND WORK PROCESS


CREATIVE METHODS

In this task I used different types of methods to create the finished product. I started the whole object with a polygon cylinder, then converted the pole on the top, into quads. After this was done, I extruded piece by piece until i got the result I was looking for. Using vertex mode was fantastic in form of making those forms I wanted. Edgeloop tool was also a main part in the modeling.

INSPIRATION METHODS

Before I really started to search on google for other goblets, I thought of what I wanted the most of designs. My sparetime hobby is to hunt, that is the reason why i made my goblet in that kind of design. When I was clear about what kind of design i wanted, I started research on the internet to find some good examples on wildlife design. After many hours searching, I found two pictures, which gave me an illustration of how the goblet should look like as a finished product.  

 

SKETCHES

Added in own folder (NOT VIEWABLE)
  

DESIGN

From the scratch I knew what I wanted as my design. In that case, it was really simple for me to start modeling at once Maya opened. After creating the fundamental object, the tricky part began. When I started to model the deer horns, it was really really hard to get the shapes I wanted. After two experimental tryouts, I found out that the vertex tool was my solution – It worked out very good! As the fundamental object was created, I was thinking about how I wanted the handle to be placed on the goblet. I spent a couple of hours to find the right position, but after all, I think it seem to look pretty good.
I decided that to mirror the handle would be the most symetrical an right thing to do, and it made the goblet so much bigger and ‘’bossy’’, like hunters usually are.

TOPOLOGY/EDGE-FLOW/POLY-COUNT(MODELING)

When I created my model, the round shapes was really important, to get the result I wanted. To get the result on my finished product, I converted the pole on the top of each circle into quads, then extruded the faces on the top, to get a very smooth shape at the corners. To get the shapes I created on my goblet, I used extruding tool, vertex tool, merge tool, scale and move tool. I inserted edge loops and started to shape these in the way i wanted.

COLOURS

This project was restricted to used ark grey colour.

COMPOSITION, LAYOUT

I used the camera box to place my cameras. First of all I wanted to zoom a little bit further in on my object, but to get all the details in the shot, it was way much better to use the standard setup.





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar